Oh my! It's September.
August 30 and 31 were consumed with finishing up my Farm to Fabric Challenge quilt and submitting it a mere 6 hours before the deadline. Now I wait to hear (by September 12) if I'll be shipping it off to Texas. I'm very pleased with it, but I can't show it to you yet.
I also got the quilting done on a philanthropy quilt and have two ready to bind and return to my guild.
I did finish my Primary (and A Lovely Year of Finishes) August Goal of completing a mug rug using a (new to me) technique to do turned edge machine applique. Yay new skill! Now I am ready to start tackling The Girl's cuddle quilt. Fish and other sea life, here I come! I don't think I'll be getting that done this month. So...
The Primary (and A Lovely Year of Finishes) Goal
The 2003 Shop Hop By The Bay Mystery Quilt! I'm calling this one Candy Shoppe since it's full of bright, vibrant colors. It used 20 fat quarters, and I chose that black and white print as my contrasting fabric. It's been pieced forever. This month I need to piece a backing, quilt, and bind it. I will get it done in September. Here's a peek of the quilt top.
Bonus Goals from August that are being pushed forward to this month:
- Finish piecing the top of the 2006 mystery quilt.
- Quilt blocks 3 and 4 from the Building Blocks Quilt Along.
- Finish quilting and binding 1-4 philanthropy quilts so I can turn them in at the
Aug 25thSeptember meeting.
- More progress on the Wonky Blocks.
- Start my memory quilt... I've been collecting fabrics out of my stash from all my completed quilts.
- Start a black, white and __?__ Improv Quilt (this is a new one... I was inspired by Sherri Lynn Wood at last month's guild meeting)
Mostly, I'm trying to knock out some finishes before I get started on some new projects. And September is the last month for Q3 Goals.
I'm linking up to the September Goal Setting Party for ALYoF