I've been spending some quality time with some of the fabric I showed you on Sunday. The Girl's birthday party is in 11 days, so this morning I set out to finish up her top. If push comes to shove, I'll pair it with leggings or something, though I intend to make some coordinating pants.
It was my first time using a Brownie-Goose pattern. The Lazy Susan pattern is versatile with a number of different options. I decided on a top with flutter sleeves. My biggest challenge was the very short seam on the side of the bodice (since I'm making size 18 months of the top version). I think next time for a top this small I'd just use the dress bodice with the top skirt. It would be 3/4" longer, but less picky than working with those teeny seams.
So without further ado, a few pictures of my morning progress with a sneak peek of the finished top. (Stay tuned for full pictures after her party.) The process pictures can be summed up with: use LOTS of pins when sewing ruffles!
Pinning on the flutter sleeves.
And attaching the "skirt" to the bodice.
Wish I'd noticed those couple threads before now. :-/ Anyway, I love the flutter sleeves. (Oh, if you look closely, you can see the tiny little 3/16" (if that) vertical seam on the side of the bodice under her arm.)
I'm linking up on Lee's WIP Wednesday post over on Freshly Pieced.
Update: The Ladybug ensemble is now complete.