Monthly Archives: May 2014


Just a quick little show and tell and the inspiration that caused this recent purchase.

I was on Pinterest and I saw the pin for these cute fabric bins. They immediately made me think of the Charley Harper fabric I'd seen. Yes, I know, I was late to the Charley Harper fabric party. In fact, it was a little difficult to find, but I did find some and was able to get six different prints from the same vendor.

Thank you, Fabricworm. By the way, I'm loving their custom bundles of fabric and really had to resist.

IMG_6169Here's what I chose...

IMG_6170I really love the trees (Octoberama Blue). I wanted to keep to one colorway, so I had to resist getting Octoberama Fall in the reds and oranges too... but I might need to pick up some of that!


One more fun nature print. I bought this cut of fabric as a splurge in a recent order intending it for a dress for The Girl. I just saw an adorable dress made with this and the coordinating tartan plaid. I might need to add that to my list as well. :-)


Happy shopping! Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash.


In 2011, I ran across some patterns for a kid's apron and chef's hat.  (links to the PDF downloads of the patterns can be found on the sidebar of this blog)

I decided that year to make a set for each my niece and nephew (nearly 4 and 2 at the time). I found the pattern adorable, and not so hard to make. The apron is reversible and I chose to put pockets on both sides of mine.

For my nephew

I love me the Urban Zoologie dinosaurs!

dino apron and hat frontdino apron and hat back


For my niece

Favorite color = pink!

pink apron and hat flamingo sidepink apron and hat


For The Boy

Finally in Fall 2013 I made this delicious set using the Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric. I love this fabric so much!

VHC apron frontVHC apron backAnd me sporting his chef's hat:

VHC chef's hat

Thanks for visiting!


I've been spending some quality time with some of the fabric I showed you on Sunday. The Girl's birthday party is in 11 days, so this morning I set out to finish up her top. If push comes to shove, I'll pair it with leggings or something, though I intend to make some coordinating pants.

It was my first time using a Brownie-Goose pattern. The Lazy Susan pattern is versatile with a number of different options. I decided on a top with flutter sleeves. My biggest challenge was the very short seam on the side of the bodice (since I'm making size 18 months of the top version). I think next time for a top this small I'd just use the dress bodice with the top skirt. It would be 3/4" longer, but less picky than working with those teeny seams.

So without further ado, a few pictures of my morning progress with a sneak peek of the finished top. (Stay tuned for full pictures after her party.) The process pictures can be summed up with: use LOTS of pins when sewing ruffles!

Pinning on the flutter sleeves.

attaching the flutter sleeves


And attaching the "skirt" to the bodice.

attaching the skirt



sneak previewWish I'd noticed those couple threads before now. :-/ Anyway, I love the flutter sleeves. (Oh, if you look closely, you can see the tiny little 3/16" (if that) vertical seam on the side of the bodice under her arm.)

I'm linking up on Lee's WIP Wednesday post over on Freshly Pieced.

Update: The Ladybug ensemble is now complete.