The last week has been a little crazy with all the blog traffic from The Secret Treasure Room post going viral. I'm amazed at how many people have seen my project and that it's been translated into at least four other languages. Welcome to all my new blog followers! It's been a pretty productive sewing week. Unfortunately, I can't show you what I've made the most progress on since it's a challenge quilt I'll be submitting by the end of the month.
I did make some other progress that I can show you. This philanthropy quilt for my guild (pieced by another member) has been prepped and pinned to quilt. If I can get the quilting and binding done by this weekend I can drop it off during Monday night's meeting.
I also started real work on my A Lovely Year of Finishes August goal. I've attached the two appliqued pieces to my mug rug and it's ready to quilt. This was my first attempt at turned edge machine applique and I'm pretty happy with the process and the result. Not sure if I'll knock out a few more mug rugs for practice or jump into using this new technique on The Girl's cuddle quilt that's waiting for some sea life.