Last quarter I finished 13 of the 36 projects on my Q4 WIP list and made progress on many others. I axed a couple projects and added eight (I think, I may have lost track) new quilts to the list. It really helps me to have a list that I can look at. I like having it all written out here, even though I recognize that this is an overwhelming list. The beginning of the quilt list (until about #11) is in priority order. I'm going to try to finish one old quilt per month. 2004 baseball quilt, I'm looking at you. (Maybe that one and the other eleven projects that have been on this list for over a year).
- My safari animal baby quilt. I've started graffiti quilting on it.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar twin quilt. Quilt top is complete, backing fabric is washed. Somehow I missed a picture of this one. Just look at #16 and think "twin sized."
- Midnight Mystery Quilt. Blocks are just about done. Today we get the directions for the final assembly.
- Wizard of Oz baby quilt. I have some fabric orders headed my way and a general idea in my head. My sister is expecting a baby in March. Nothin' like a deadline. ;-)
- Rainbow Mini Swap (Round 2). I have a plan. It involves lots of paper piecing. I showed off the fabrics I'm using in yesterday's post.
- Rainbow Mini Swap mug rug. Using the same paper piecing pattern as above.
- Patchwork City Mini Mini for Mary. Here's my initial fabric pull (minus my feature fabric that I'd like to keep hidden for now).
- 2004 Baseball Quilt. Quilt top is just about done for the initial plan... but I think I'll have to do something to make it larger than I was originally planning.
- Color Strata Quilt. Class on January 26th.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) Quilt (I have a HST plan... with these 5" squares)
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt. I love these blocks, but they do take some time. This project has been on the back burner far too long. Here are a couple of my six "finished" blocks. I really need to get the sashing on them.
- Little Letters in Blues/Greens Quilt. These look so close to being done, right? Except that the sashing has little corner stones so there is a fair amount of piecing still necessary before I have a finished quilt top.
- Little Letters in Brights Quilt.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar doll/mini quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar baby quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar small lap quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter. I still need to make a final plan for how I'm adding the appliqué animals to her quilt. She's 3 1/2 and the poor girl doesn't have a quilt of her own yet. She has, however, called dibs on the Safari quilt in #1.
- Batik SCVQA philanthropy quilt. I just need to quilt it.
- Roman Stripez with butterfly backing. Some blocks done. (see #20)
- Roman Stripez with turtle backing.
- Memory House Vol. 1 Quilt (2 houses complete)
- Leah Day's Building Blocks Quilt Along (first 3 sets of blocks done)
- Monster Quilt (first applique block in progress)
- Swoon Quilt (finished my first block, next two are in progress)
- Primary mini quilt. Same pattern as my Cotton & Steel mini swap. Hoping to get better at adding those bias edge triangles to finish it.
- Rainbow Simply Woven lap quilt with bee blocks from Stash Bee. I need to decide how big I want this to be and how many additional blocks I'll be making for myself.
- Rainbow Chain. My bee quilt for this month's Bee Hive, swarm Tisha. Here are my two sample blocks. The pattern is Autumn Chain.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Angel mini quilt. Pattern and fabric selected. Certainly not the lowest priority. :-)
- Frog shirt for my son. Bowling Shirt (pattern by Scientific Seamstress).
- Winnie the Pooh Skirt/Shorts for my daughter.
Stats: You can see that I got a bunch of projects moved forward from the fabric pull step, most were turned into completed tops or completed quilts. Right now I have a bunch of quilt tops. I've started quilting R's Pattern. Then I'd like to get my son's Very Hungry Caterpillar bed quilt and my Midnight Mystery quilts quilted soon.
- Planning Stages (pre-fabric pull): 2 (Q3), 1 (Q4), 4 (Q1)
- Fabric Pulled: 10 (Q3), 7 (Q4), 1 (Q1)
- Fabric Cut: 6 (Q3), 3 (Q4), 1 (Q1)
- Piecing in Progress: 14 (Q3), 19 (Q4), 15 (Q1)
- Quilt Top Completed: 3 (Q3), 5 (Q4), 7 (Q1)
- Quilted: 0 (Q3), 1 (Q4), 0 (Q1)
Bucket List: Because I need more projects, right?
- Triangle Squared quilt.
- Equilateral triangle quilt, perhaps Chopsticks pattern.
- Raspberry Kiss lap quilt.
- Technicolor Galaxy.
- Polaroid quilt.
- Chopsticks quilt.
- Pirate Quilt. (I have fabric, but no firm plan on design yet.)
- Leah Day's Dancing Butterflies to develop my free motion quilting. (I joined at the start of the year, but never... um... started.)
- More Mini Mini Quilt Swaps on IG.
I'm linking up to the Q1 Finish-A-Long. Thank you to all the co-hosts for this year! I'm very thankful for Finish-A-Long helping me stay organized and motivated.
Thank you for visiting!