In Q1 I finished just 4 of my million (er, 31) WIPs, a mini, a mini mini, a mug rug, and a baby quilt. They will be featured on the blog in the coming weeks. Many of the others... well, the best of intentions. I enjoy revisiting my list at the beginning of every quarter. I have a lot of fun projects. I'm planning to finish the first two in time to bring to my guild meeting tonight. Beyond that, I have a pile of quilt tops, so I really need to get to work doing some quilting. I've settled into my new sewing room and have a quilt retreat next month, so I'm hoping that I can spend more time sewing this quarter than I was able to in Q1.
Feel free to use the comment section to weigh in on what I should work on next. :-)
- Purple Preppy, mini quilt for my daughter's room. Quilting in progress.
- Quilt swap angel mini quilt. Basted and ready to quilt.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter. I finally decided on how I'm adding the fish to it and when I fused the first one in place the blue background fabric bled (see in pic). Ugh. I've rebounded from that and would really like to finish this one up.
- Safari animal baby quilt. Quilting in progress, I just keep moving it around my sewing room as I work on other stuff. ;-) I think I'm a bit intimidated to work on quilting the novelty fabric sections. It's somehow easier to quilt on a blender fabric.
- Midnight Mystery Quilt. Finished Quilt top.
- 2004 Baseball Quilt. I've reminded my brother about the quilt, so now he's bugging me to get it done. This might be just the pressure I need. I need to add borders to bring this up to a more reasonable size for a 6'5" person... what is a reasonable size for someone who is that tall?
- Color Strata Quilt. My stratas are made and I need to use my new design walls to play with the design of the overall quilt.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) HST Quilt.
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt.
- Little Letters in Blues/Greens Quilt. These look so close to being done, right? Except that the sashing has little corner stones so there is a fair amount of piecing still necessary before I have a finished quilt top.
- Little Letters in Brights Quilt.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar doll/mini quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar baby quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar small lap quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar twin quilt. Quilt top is complete, backing fabric is washed. Somehow I missed a picture of this one. Just look at #14 and think "twin sized."
- Batik SCVQA philanthropy quilt. I just need to quilt it.
- Roman Stripez with butterfly backing. Some blocks done. (see #18)
- 2nd Roman Stripez.
- Memory House Vol. 1 Quilt (2 houses complete)
- Swoon Quilt
- Primary mini quilt. Same pattern as my Cotton & Steel mini swap. Hoping to get better at adding those bias edge triangles to finish it.
- Rainbow Simply Woven lap quilt with bee blocks from Stash Bee. I need to decide how big I want this to be and how many additional blocks I'll be making for myself.
- Rainbow Chain. The pattern is Autumn Chain from The Bee Hive quilts.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Creative HST project from Jeni Baker's class at QuiltCon. I just cut up my scrappy slab into 21 more squares to use.
- Rainbow Remix from Rebecca Bryan's class at Quiltcon.
- Wonky Cross quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Quartered Log Cabin quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Help my son with his bed quilt for my daughter. He picked out all his fabrics. I need to cut the fabric for him so he'll be able to start piecing.
- Purple Royalty quilt.
- Zippered Pouch with my EPP hexies from Johanna Masko's EPP class at QuiltCon.
- Frog shirt for my son. Bowling Shirt (pattern by Scientific Seamstress).
- Winnie the Pooh Skirt/Shorts for my daughter.
Stats: The data seems to indicate that I'm at least making progress on many of my projects. Many of the exciting fabric pulls have been turned into true WIPs. I even scrapped a couple on the list that I've resolved not to pretend I'm trying to finish. I'll be passing an appliqué project onto some interested party and repurposing the fabric from the other project.
- Planning Stages (pre-fabric pull): 2 (Q3), 1 (Q4), 4 (Q1), 0 (Q2)
- Fabric Pulled: 10 (Q3), 7 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2)
- Fabric Cut: 6 (Q3), 3 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 0 (Q2)
- Piecing in Progress: 14 (Q3), 19 (Q4), 15 (Q1), 20 (Q2)
- Quilt Top Completed: 3 (Q3), 5 (Q4), 7 (Q1), 9 (Q2)
- Quilted: 0 (Q3), 1 (Q4), 0 (Q1), 0 (Q2)
Bucket List: Because I need more projects, right?
- Triangle Squared quilt.
- Equilateral triangle quilt, perhaps Chopsticks pattern.
- Raspberry Kiss lap quilt.
- Technicolor Galaxy.
- Polaroid quilt.
- Chopsticks quilt.
- Pirate Quilt. (I have fabric, but no firm plan on design yet.)
- Leah Day's Dancing Butterflies to develop my free motion quilting. (I joined at the start of the year, but never... um... started.)
- More Mini Mini Quilt Swaps on IG.
I'm linking up to the Q2 Finish-A-Long. Thank you to all the co-hosts for this year! I'm very thankful for Finish-A-Long helping me stay organized and motivated.
Thank you for visiting!