I finished 5 projects off my Q2 goal list. And one of them was a whopping 36" x 48". That said, I look at this list and I have made significant progress on at least six of my larger sized projects. It was a productive quarter, even if the finishes don't exactly represent all I've accomplished. I'm adding six new projects to the list. A couple small quilts to be given as gifts, helping my daughter finish her first quilt, two new quilt alongs and my bee quilt.
My six new projects are added at the top of this list. It's so hard for me to prioritize (so the list isn't otherwise in any particular order), but I have three that are gifts I'd like to give in the next month, plus helping my kids to finish their quilts while they are on summer break. I guess those are the short term priorities. :-)
- Baby quilt. I've drafted the pattern and picked out the fabrics, but no pics to show yet.
- Race Car quilt. Again, I've drafted the pattern and chosen some fabric, namely the race cars and related blenders.
- In the Middle quilt. 12 bee blocks so far from The Bee Hive #beehiveswarmtisha.
- Star Light Star Dark. With Quilty Habit. Join us!
- Meadow Mystery. With Meadow Mist Designs. Join us!
- Help my 4-year-old daughter finish Rainbow Swift 2 (named after Rainbow Swift that her brother made for her), her first quilt. She's started quilting it.
- Help my nearly 6-year-old son finish his latest quilt, a twin sized bed quilt for his sister. He's still piecing it, and I think we've decided to send it out for quilting.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter. Need to make a second attempt attaching fish and hope my fabric doesn't bleed again.
- Midnight Mystery Quilt. Finished Quilt top.
- 2004 Baseball Quilt. Quilt top is done and I've had my brother "try it on" (he's 6'5"). Now to finish it.
- Color Strata Quilt. My stratas are made. New up I need to figure out how I'll set it.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) HST Quilt.
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt.
- Little Letters in Blues/Greens Quilt. I might need to change gears on these two to make them faster finishes.
- Little Letters in Brights Quilt.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar baby quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar small lap quilt. Quilt top finished.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar twin quilt. Quilt top is complete, backing fabric is washed. I need to piece the backing. Somehow I don't have a picture of this one. Just look at #14 and think "twin sized."
- Batik SCVQA philanthropy quilt. I just need to quilt it.
- Roman Stripez with butterfly backing. Some blocks done. (see #21)
- 2nd Roman Stripez.
- Memory House Vol. 1 Quilt (2 houses complete)
- Swoon Quilt.
- Primary mini quilt. Same pattern as my Cotton & Steel mini swap. Hoping to get better at adding those bias edge triangles to finish it.
- Rainbow Chain. The pattern is Autumn Chain from The Bee Hive quilts.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Creative HST project from Jeni Baker's class at QuiltCon. I'm close to 144 units. Here's my latest photo of the group of them.
- Rainbow Remix from Rebecca Bryan's class at Quiltcon. Blocks are all done. Next up, the big job of piecing together irregular blocks.
- Wonky Cross quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon. I added a second palette of fabric that I thought worked with the first. Here are the blocks I've completed so far.
- Quartered Log Cabin quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Purple Royalty quilt.
- Zippered Pouch with my EPP hexies from Johanna Masko's EPP class at QuiltCon.
- Frog shirt for my son. Bowling Shirt (pattern by Scientific Seamstress).
- Winnie the Pooh Skirt/Shorts for my daughter.
Stats: I love data. I think I'll try to start showing the following graphically, buy I think it's a great metric for seeing my progress and not feeling like my lengthy WIP list is solely a bunch of languishing, forgotten projects. Those 20 that are in progress... many are much farther along. I promise.
- Planning Stages (pre-fabric pull): 4 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 2 (Q3)
- Fabric Pulled: 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2), 2 (Q3)
- Fabric Cut: 1 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 0 (Q3)
- Piecing in Progress: 15 (Q1), 20 (Q2), 20 (Q3)
- Quilt Top Completed: 7 (Q1), 9 (Q2), 7 (Q3)
- Quilted: 0 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 0 (Q3)
Bucket List: Because I need more projects, right?
- Triangle Squared quilt.
- Equilateral triangle quilt, perhaps Chopsticks pattern.
- Raspberry Kiss lap quilt.
- Technicolor Galaxy.
- Polaroid quilt.
- Chopsticks quilt.
- Pirate Quilt. (I have fabric, but no firm plan on design yet.)
- Leah Day's Dancing Butterflies to develop my free motion quilting. (I joined, but never... um... started.)
- More Mini Mini Quilt Swaps on IG.
I'm linking up to the Q3 Finish-A-Long. Thank you to all the co-hosts for this year! I'm very thankful for Finish-A-Long helping me stay organized and motivated.
Thank you for visiting!