I participated in all six challenges for Project QUILTING in Q1, making 4 mini quilts and two bags. I also made the first of my Island Batik projects, a pair of mug rugs and and a mini quilt. I also finished seven mug rugs from my Q1 list (though they didn't get shared on the blog of linked up). I finished my Wonderlust baby quilt and my minimalism challenge for Curated Quilts. Lastly, I finally put the binding on my Midnight Mystery quilt, giving me one large finish for the quarter. That's 16 quilts in Q1!
Last quarter the list got up to a whopping 45 WIPs. With the addition of a few new projects that number has been knocked to 40 for Q2. They are arranged here by stage of the project. Stay tuned! ;-)
Just Need Binding
- Meadow Mystery, Lap Quilt.
- Memory House, Mini Quilt.
- BAMQG NICU quilt (pieced by another guild member)
Quilting In Progress
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Twin Quilt
- Try a Technique Island Batik project - Color Wash
Finished Quilt Tops
- Scattered Squares lap quilt (upcoming pattern).
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, Greenery Lap Quilt.
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, class sample Mini Quilt #2.
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, class sample Mini Quilt #4.
- *Planned Improv: Playing with Angles, class sample Mini Quilt #1.
- Charity baby quilt.
- Feathered Star... pillow?
- Variation of Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, Wall Hanging.
Piecing in Progress
- Quilt for Stash Statement book release blog hop.
- Planned Improv: Playing with Angles, class sample Mini Quilt #2.
- Tula Pink City Sampler.
- Improv Abstraction, Small Quilt.
- Creative HST project, Lap Quilt.
- In the Middle quilt, Lap Quilt.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) HST Quilt, Lap Quilt.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter.
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt.
- Swoon Quilt.
- Rainbow Chain. The pattern is Autumn Chain from The Bee Hive quilts.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Rainbow Remix from Rebecca Bryan's class at Quiltcon. Blocks are all done. Next up, the big job of piecing together irregular blocks.
- Wonky Cross quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon. I'm up to 50 blocks and they are now all trimmed up.
- Quartered Log Cabin quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Purple Royalty quilt.
- La Passacaglia. No way I'm finishing this anytime soon, but including it so my list is complete.
- Blogger Bundle baby quilt.
- Playing with solids project from Tara Faughnan class.
- Island Batik - Inspired by Vintage
- R's Waterfall Quilt from Sewing School Quilts
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, large scale. Purples are cut out.
- Floating Hexagons in Heliotrope and Breeze.
- Unnamed in Oasis and Pickle.
- Unnamed in grunge and linen neutrals.
- Island Batik Pillow
- Island Batik Modern Batik Challenge
I'm linking up to Finish Along Q2 goals link up.
Oh My! You do have a large list - and I know the feeling. Finishing 5 is a major achievement. Good luck!
Thanks, Kathleen! It's a little daunting, but I like to have a good sense of what I have in progress, so I like the quarterly list... even if some have been featured for many quarters. ;-)
Wow Sarah. You have a massive list here. I'm overwhelmed looking at it but it's so inspiring seeing all you are working on.
It's all about deciding which are the current priority. ;-) Right now there aren't any projects that I'm willing to purge, so for now they all stay on the list. :-) Thanks for visiting, Lisa.
Anja @ Anja Quilts
There are some great projects in this list. I'm working on re-doing my WIP tonight. I need to make it detailed as to what needs to be done for each project. I also want to attach some timelines -- need to get moving on getting stuff done.
I need to take a second look at my list and decide what the top priorities are... For now I'm focusing on a couple Island Batik projects and a quilt for the Stash Statement blog hop (featuring green and ORANGE!), due for me in a few weeks. I'm also getting close to packing up my sewing room.
You have no shortage of options. Happy finishing!
So true! Thank you for visiting, Mary!
Holy buckets of projects!!!! I love that sweet memory house. Good luck with them all - you seem quite organized!!! :)
Thank you, Daisy. I like to be fully aware of all the projects in progress... it reduces uncertainty or something. ;-)
So many great things here Sarah, you can totally finish up a few of them! Thanks for linking up with the Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 global hosts.
Thank you, Marci! Thanks for hosting!
Such an organized, if long, list. I am so impressed that in the first quarter you finished more than you added. I wish I was that good! Good luck on continuing the great progress. On behalf of the 2018 global FAL hosts, thank you for participating in the FAL.
Thank you, Lynne. Organization is my best chance at making any progress on my projects. ;-) Thanks for hosting!