Do you every feel like you've done a ton of sewing and then are surprised by the small number of finishes in a quarter? To be clear, I'm not upset about this so much as confused. Last quarter I finished seven projects from my Q2 list. And in Q3 I had a mere four finishes. To be fair, this time included the summer months, when my kids were home all day. ;-) And we did some travel in July and August. I also made progress on a bunch of things that didn't get finished.
I did make some progress on the quilting front, including a trip to rent time on a (somewhat) local longarm machine. I shared my Fandangle Scrappy Squares finish last week, a result from my trip to the longarm.
Here are the four Q3 finishes from my list:
- Island Batik Secondary Pattern
- Floating Hexagons in Petting Zoo (pattern available)
- Pantone Ultra Violet All About Angles
- Fandangle Scrappy Squares
With these finishes, I'm up to 24 finished quilts (including two pillows) and 3 finished bags this year.
Grab a cup of coffee and scroll through my lengthy project list. ;-) I'm not even counting.
Just Need Binding
- Meadow Mystery, Lap Quilt.
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, class sample Mini Quilt #4.
- Wonder Full All About Angles #2
Quilting In Progress
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Twin Quilt
Finished Quilt Tops
- Scattered Squares lap quilt (upcoming pattern).
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, Greenery Lap Quilt.
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, class sample Mini Quilt #2.
- Planned Improv: Playing with Angles, class sample Mini Quilt #1.
- Charity baby quilt. Turned in quilt top and backing fabric to guild for another member to quilt.
- Feathered Star... pillow?
- Variation of Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, Wall Hanging.
- Wonder Full All About Angles #1
- Creative HST
- Island Batik Starstruck lap quilt
Piecing in Progress
- Butterfly mug rugs.
- Purple scrap project.
- Planned Improv: Playing with Angles, class sample Mini Quilt #2.
- Tula Pink City Sampler.
- Improv Abstraction, Small Quilt.
- In the Middle quilt, Lap Quilt.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) HST Quilt, Lap Quilt.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter.
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt.
- Swoon Quilt.
- Rainbow Chain. The pattern is Autumn Chain from The Bee Hive quilts and IG friends.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Rainbow Remix from Rebecca Bryan's class at Quiltcon. Blocks are all done. Next up, the big job of piecing together irregular blocks.
- Wonky Cross quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon. I'm up to 50 blocks and they are now all trimmed up.
- Quartered Log Cabin quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Purple Royalty quilt.
- La Passacaglia. No way I'm finishing this anytime soon, but including it so my list is complete.
- Blogger Bundle baby quilt.
- Playing with solids project from Tara Faughnan class.
- R's Waterfall Quilt from Sewing School Quilts
- Planned Improv: Scrappy Squares, large scale. Purples are cut out.
- Floating Hexagons in Heliotrope and Breeze.
- Unnamed in Oasis and Pickle.
- Unnamed in grunge and linen neutrals.
- Blackwood Cardigan in black and white stripe.
I'm linking up to Finish Along Q4 goals link up.