Despite a couple more weeks of school, June 1 always feels like the turning point into Summer for me. The 90 degree weather yesterday didn't hurt. It's time for the June Show Me Something challenge and linkup. I hope you'll share your finished quilts out in the wild. Please share up to 3 new or old quilt finishes for Show Me Something Outdoors. You have until June 30 to linkup, plenty of time to make something new if you'd like.
Is the outdoors featured in the design of your quilt or the fabric you chose? Maybe you use the quilt as a picnic blanket or to cuddle up with on a breezy evening in the backyard. Perhaps your quilt has been to a park or a beach. Personally, most of my finished quilt photo shoots happen in my backyard. Here are a few photos of my quilts away from home. (Click on photos to read more about these projects.)
I enjoyed the architecture of this sidewalk overpass, not far from home.
This bench is outside the building where my small quilt group used to meet.
My guild has done quilt retreats to the Marin headlands. We stay and sew in those buildings in the back, steps from the beach.
This was in my in-law's backyard. I photographed numerous quilts in their backyard while we lived there during a remodel at our house.
I look forward to seeing your finished quilts and where you've taken them!
Here are the linkup details:
- The monthly Show Me Something quilt linkup will start on the first of the month and continue until midnight (PST) on the last day of the month.
- You may linkup a maximum of 3 new or old finished projects that fit the theme.
- You may linkup a blog post or Instagram post.
- Participation in the linkup grants me permission to use an image of your project in a future blog post, with credit and a link back to your post.
- If you linkup from a blog post, please link back to this post in your post. If you post from Instagram, you can tag me @sarahgoerquilts.
- Visit others in the community who share their projects... and leave comments. :-)
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!