After all the positive feedback to my fabric selection I shared last Sunday, I couldn't resist getting started on cutting up the fabric for my two Roman Stripez quilts. Here's a preview of the first few pieced blocks.
And my progress on cutting fabrics for the two projects. I'm about 90% done cutting the initial rectangles. Then I will be working to shuffle them around into groupings for each set of blocks.
I also got to the last step of my 2006 (previously referred to as 2005, oops) Mystery Quilt. I cut up the pieced strips to create the units that will make the first border. Then it will start going together into a completed top.
Here's what's done so far on this one. There are 35 blocks, made from... 883 pieces of fabric! Man that's a lot of fabric. These are 7.5" finished blocks, so those little squares were all 2" squares to start with. I'm so happy to have them all pieced together!
Oh, and on the cookie front, these 42 cookies get iced tomorrow night for The Boy's airplane and helicopter birthday party this weekend.