It has felt really good the past few months to get into a groove of regular sewing and finishing projects. A Lovely Year of Finishes and Finish Along 2014 help me stay focused and motivated.
This month for ALYoF
I'd like to I'm going to finish the Dinosaur Philanthropy Quilt that I started quilting... um... in 2012. (Not too bad since September's ALYoF was a UFO from 2003.) The quilt was pieced by another member of my guild and I'm quilting it with a sample of Leah Day's FMQ patterns since I was just starting to free motion quilt when I started working on it. It's been on the back burner for a long while, but I only need to quilt 12 more squares and bind it. :-) Pathetic that I haven't finished that up yet, huh?
I finished 8 of my 18 Q3 Finish Along Goals, and seven of those have rolled forward to this month. Plus I've added a few more UFOs I've run across and some new projects I've started or planned in the last month. (I'll add links to the list below as I finish these projects.)
- Dinosaur SCVQA Philanthropy quilt (FMQ partially done -- see above)
- 2006 (red/black/white) mystery quilt (one step left to finish the top)
- Ocean quilt for The Girl (top pieced, but needs applique done)
- Batik SCVQA philanthropy quilt (sandwiched)
- Roman Stripez with butterfly backing (some blocks pieced)
- Roman Stripez with turtle backing (some blocks pieced)
- The Purple Ninja Quilt (fabric selected)
- 2004 Baseball Quilt (some blocks pieced)
- Little Letters in Brights Quilt (A-F pieced)
- Little Letters in Blues/Greens Quilt (A-F pieced)
- Memory House Vol. 1 Quilt (2 houses complete)
- Giant Wonky Star Quilt (front and back pieced)
- Winnie the Pooh Skirt/Shorts for The Girl (fabric purchased)
- Minnie/Mickey Dress for The Girl (fabric purchased)
- Vehicle Baby Quilt (fabric pulled from my stash, started cutting -- see below)
- Pirate Quilt (pre-cut fabric selected)
- Lazy Susan dress for The Girl (fabric selected)
- Christmas Mini Quilt (using 4 orphan blocks I somehow acquired)
- IGminiswap quilt (some design ideas on paper)
Some more goals that aren't finishes:
- Get caught up on Leah Day's Building Blocks Quilt Along.
- Finish ironing my pre-washed fabric.
- Pre-wash my new fabric.
My newest project is a vehicle baby quilt, using fabrics pulled from stash. I'll be making yellow and red 4-patch blocks to go with the feature fabric blocks.
What are you working on this month? What's your most neglected UFO?