At the end of the first week of the month I shared my February Goals with you, namely to finish a king size quilt top. (Why oh why did I pick the shortest month of the year to do this!?) At any rate, I've been making steady daily progress on the project, due in large part to Sarah's 4x7 Sewing Challenge. This was especially true as I got to the boring stage of this project.
In week one I showed you my step by step daily progress. Week two pictures of this nature would be ridiculous. I foolishly thought "I should be able to start cranking out blocks" this week. Ha! I'd failed to calculate that after the awesome strip piecing I'd done in week one I had about 126 feet of seams to press open. So for a half hour (or more) a day this week, that's what I did. I also watched a lot of Friends. ;-)
I also did all the cutting to make 144 units from these strips. (Now I should really be able to crank out some finished blocks!)
Ta da! It took all week to get to this point, so I must confess, I also did some other (read as: more exciting) sewing. Some I'll show you later, and here is my first block for my Patchwork City quilt. I'm making the Metro Area quilt with Intrepid Thread's BOM. I cut (and fussy cut) all the bits for all three blocks that will make the larger 14" block in this color scheme. I look forward to getting more of it put together.
I'm linking up to Sarah's 4x7 Sewing Challenge for Week 2.
Thanks for visiting!