Okay, so this has been a long, long time coming. We moved into our house in June of 2012 and painted our bedroom walls purple. I started looking for fabric in 2013 and finally purchased the feature fabric, designed by Elisha Jepson of Robyriker Designs, in May of 2014. For quite some time I was having a hard time finding the right tone of purple for the lighter coordinating/background fabric. With a little help form Molli Sparkles at Intrepid Thread I found what I needed (Valori Wells Blueprint Basics Dimple Dot in Lilac).
That fabric purchase was just in time to participate in Sarah's 4x7 Sewing Challenge for the month of February. It was very motivating to work on something daily that was for me. I finished the entire king-sized quilt top. It took me months to figure out who to have quilt it. I finally chose Patti Joki, a local long-arm quilter, to quilt it for me in July. It turned out great! But then I had to make and attach 400+ inches of binding. It was a daunting task. I made the binding while on our guild retreat at the beginning of November, but again I set it aside in favor of other projects. I am so pleased to finally have this really big finish to show you! Thank you to everyone who was involved in helping me to finish this project. It truly "takes a village" sometimes.
The backing fabric is pieced, I used a portion of the fabric that we stood under for our wedding. The white and silver print (which was accidentally died light purple in an unfortunate laundry incident long ago) was the canopy of our wedding chuppah. I think it's very fitting that now we sleep under it. It only took nearly 6 1/2 years. ;-)
I just love these little ninjas... we've decided they're protecting us while we sleep. ;-)
I gave the quilt to my husband for Hanukkah. He was quite pleased to finally see it finished.
Thank you for visiting!