Life has been crazy and hectic lately. Home and family stuff has taken more time than usual. I've still managed to sew, but blogging (reading and writing) has taken an unfortunate backseat. There are some projects around the house that will be drawing the majority of my attention in the coming months, plus I have a pinched ulnar nerve causing me quite a bit of discomfort in my left elbow and arm. That is all to say, I considered not even setting quilting related goals for the quarter. But with the deadline to link up for Finish Along Q2 and OMG approaching, I've changed my mind. I'll just consider this an exercise in being more forgiving with myself when I don't accomplish the goals in the timelines I've set.
Continuing with the APQ UFO Challenge, my Rainbow Remix quilt was chosen for April (#21 below). I'm excited to get this one done, but it's the kind of improv piecing that's gonna take my entire double design wall and require my focused attention. I can say for sure that won't be happening this month. I made progress on last month's UFO Challenge (#22 below) but didn't get my blocks sewn together. Yay for progress!
April OMG Challenge
My most time sensitive priority and what I'm most excited about at the moment is my BAMQG challenge quilt featuring squares and rectangles (#1 below). It's due at the April 15 meeting. Mine will certainly only be a quilt top by then, but I'm going for a finished quilt top in the next week.
- BAMQG scrap challenge using squares and rectangles. Here's my pile of fabric, since I decided to double up and use the same quilt for this challenge and the Pantone Color of the Year challenge, featuring Greenery.
- Another Pantone Color of the Year challenge quilt. My first design didn't take off, but I've decided a portion of it will work as a standalone quilt. There are three categories to the challenge, so I could submit both if I get them both done.
- Riley Blake Creative Rockstar MQG challenge. I have a bundle of the challenge fabric, a loose plan and some additional fabric on it's way.
- SCVQA UFO swap challenge #1. The first of my UFO swaps netted me about 60 finished 9-patches in a variety of colorful prints. My son and I have decided to pair these with some solids for a quick quilt top or two or three.
- SCVQA UFO swap challenge #2. The second project I chose was a lovely table runner that was finished and quilted and just needs the binding. I've made the binding and just need to attach it for a finish.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Twin quilt for my son. It's basted and ready to quilt. I'll be quilting this one myself, but won't be able to start it until my arm is pain-free.
- Creative HST project from Jeni Baker's class at QuiltCon. I'm close to 144 units. Here are some of them.
- In the Middle quilt. From The Bee Hive #beehiveswarmtisha.
- Cotton & Steel (and low volume) HST Quilt.
- Meadow Mystery. With Meadow Mist Designs. My quilt top is finished. It's next in line to be sent out for quilting.
- Ocean quilt for my daughter. I need to replace this fish and add some more fish.
- Midnight Mystery Quilt. Finished Quilt top. Out to Tami to longarm.
- Patchwork City Metro Area Quilt. I've made myself block kits for a handful of blocks.
- Batik SCVQA philanthropy quilt. I just need to quilt it. It's embarrassing how long I've been saying that. :-/
- Memory House mini #1. Basted.
- Memory House mini #2. Finished quilt top.
- Swoon Quilt.
- Wild Quarter Log Cabin. Finished quilt top. Out to Tami to longarm.
- Rainbow Chain. The pattern is Autumn Chain from The Bee Hive quilts.
- My Floating Squares improv project. (from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood.)
- Rainbow Remix from Rebecca Bryan's class at Quiltcon. Blocks are all done. Next up, the big job of piecing together irregular blocks.
- Wonky Cross quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon. I'm up to 50 blocks and they are now all trimmed up.
- Quartered Log Cabin quilt from Rossie Hutchinson's class at QuiltCon.
- Purple Royalty quilt.
- La Passacaglia. No way I'm finishing this anytime soon, but including it so my list is complete.
- Zippered Pouch with my EPP hexies from Johanna Masko's EPP class at QuiltCon.
- Frog shirt for my son. Bowling Shirt (pattern by Scientific Seamstress).
- Winnie the Pooh Skirt/Shorts for my daughter.
Stats: Since my list is long I like to look at the progress. This shows the makeup of my list over the last year.
- Planning Stages (pre-fabric pull): 4 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 2 (Q3), 0 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 0 (Q2)
- Fabric Pulled: 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2), 2 (Q3), 2 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2)
- Fabric Cut: 1 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 0 (Q3), 2 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2)
- Piecing in Progress: 15 (Q1), 20 (Q2), 20 (Q3), 21 (Q4), 16 (Q1), 15 (Q2)
- Quilt Top Completed: 7 (Q1), 9 (Q2), 7 (Q3), 7 (Q4), 3 (Q1), 7 (Q2)
- Quilted: 0 (Q1), 0 (Q2), 0 (Q3), 1 (Q4), 1 (Q1), 1 (Q2)
Bucket List: Because I need more projects, right?
- Triangle Squared quilt.
- Equilateral triangle quilt, perhaps Chopsticks pattern.
- Raspberry Kiss lap quilt.
- Technicolor Galaxy.
- Polaroid quilt.
- Chopsticks quilt.
- Pirate Quilt. (I have fabric, but no firm plan on design yet.)