The first Very Hungry Caterpillar line of fabric came out before I had kids. I LOVED it. But I didn't really have a reason to buy it. So basically as soon as I found out I was pregnant I ordered fabric to make a quilt for the baby. Just before The Boy was born (July 2010) I finished my projects: a quilt, curtains, bed skirt, boppy cover and flannel receiving blankets.
I must have ordered a set of fat quarters in addition to the panel, and some yardage of the fabrics I used for the curtains, bed shirt and backing. I wanted all fifteen foods to show on the quilt, so I fussy cut pieces from the food fabric to show them all. Then I designed as I went (a first for me) to include the variety of fabrics. I didn't free motion quilt yet as this point, so the quilting is pretty basic, though I did follow the outlines of the caterpillar and butterfly with my walking foot. (How much easier that would be now with FMQ!)
Here's a shot of the back (about 3 months after he was born). I made the quilt label in the shape of a leaf which you can kind of see here.
I also improvised the strategy for making a bed skirt. I just serged the bottom edge and as I dropped the crib mattress to lower levels, I cut off and serged again.
I borrowed a friend's boppy cover so I could make myself a pattern and made the boppy cover to match his room. The blankets here are flannel receiving blankets. After I squared off the fabric I used a plate as a template to make the curved corner and serged the edge.