Another month, another finished quilt top.
I started the month with five finished quilt blocks from 18 months ago, originally intended for a mini quilt like my Cotton + Steel Mini Swap quilt. I decided I was less excited about a mini quilt and opted for creating fifteen more blocks to go with my original five. (This is where I mention that I realized this morning after finishing all fifteen blocks that I sewed them the wrong direction. In the end I decided the wild prints made my mistake not so noticeable. And done is better than perfect. Moving on.) With straight set blocks, this would bring my project to about 32" x 40". I cut all fifteen blocks, got organized on my trusty fast food tray, and set to chain piecing (and Netflix).
Like the first five blocks, my remaining fifteen blocks were made in sets of five. This photo shows five blocks in each row, created from five 10" squares. Each fabric is in each position once in the row. Since I was working in more blue and green with my additional blocks, I shuffled these all around for my final layout.
With a trip to QuiltCon, supervising some remodel work, and four other quilt finishes this month I had to settle for a finished top for my #8 UFO and One Monthly Goal project for February. Here's the finished quilt top.
I'm linking up to the February OMG Finish post.