Well, hello April! Was March just a complete blur in your life? I hope you and yours are happy and healthy. We're doing okay at my house. Maybe okay enough that I can get to the backlog of blog comments, blog writing, and other work that went by the wayside in March.
Alas, the fun stuff. This month's Show Me Something theme is Improv! Choose something you've already finished or use Show Me Something as a one-month quilt challenge to finish something new. Just make sure to linkup by April 30. See all the details below.
Now, I suspect you're either an improv quilter or you aren't. If it's something you've done, that's grand! If not, I sure hope you'll try something new this month. Here's an Improv Triangles on the Corners Tutorial from my blog. (Double Triangles shown below.) Or your improv could be precise piecing turned improv in the layout and design step, like my Playful Pillow. The possibilities are endless! (Just check out the #improvquilt hashtag on Instagram.)
Maybe you own one of these books that could be an inspiration to you this month. (affiliate links)
- Stash Statement by Kelly Young
- Inspiring Improv by Nicholas Ball
- Create Your Own Improv Quilts by Rayna Gillman
- Artful Improv by Cindy Grisdela
Here are the linkup details:
- The monthly Show Me Something linkup will start on the first of the month and continue until midnight (PST) on the last day of the month.
- You may linkup a maximum of 3 new or old finished projects that fit the theme.
- You may linkup a blog post or Instagram post.
- If you linkup from a blog post, please link back to this post in your post. If you post from Instagram, you can tag me @sarahgoerquilts.
- Visit others in the community who share their projects... and leave comments. :-)