Thank you to everyone who showed off their star projects last month.
Another first of the month, another Show Me Something quilt challenge and linkup. In August, Show Me Something Free Motion!
Free-motion quilting has so many opportunities: all-over stipple or meander, echoing motifs on fabric or in piecing, detailed micro-quilting, ruler work! Triangular meandering is one of my favorite motifs.
Sometime in August please Show Me Something Free Motion! Choose a quilt project you've already finished or use Show Me Something as a one-month quilt challenge to finish something new. Just make sure to linkup by August 30. See all the details below.
Some of my favorite FMQ resources (affiliate links on books):
- Website: Free Motion Quilting Project by Leah Day
- Book: Shape by Shape 1 & 2 by Angela Walters
- Book: Machine Quilting with Style by Christa Watson
- Book: The Ultimate Guide to Machine Quilting by Angela Walters and Christa Watson
Some of my favorite FMQ tools (affiliate links):
- Supreme Slider (comes in multiple sizes, recommend the largest your machine table will fit)
- Machingers Quilting Gloves
- Clover Flower Head Pins for basting
- Pinmoors for basting
Here are the linkup details:
- The monthly Show Me Something quilt linkup will start on the first of the month and continue until midnight (PST) on the last day of the month.
- You may linkup a maximum of 3 new or old finished projects that fit the theme.
- You may linkup a blog post or Instagram post.
- If you linkup from a blog post, please link back to this post in your post. If you post from Instagram, you can tag me @sarahgoerquilts.
- Visit others in the community who share their projects... and leave comments. :-)
Copy the HTML text in the box below to include the image below on your blog with a link to this post. Be sure to insert it as HTML and not as text in a visual editor. Let me know if you try and it doesn't work.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Andrée G Faubert
Hi Sarah, Free motion quilting is my favourite part of making a quilt. Thanks for hosting your fun linking parties. Take care.