Quilt challenges are some of my favorite ways to start (and finish!) a project! I love having a limited focus delivered by the challenge whether it be a color palette, style, theme, skill, or tool. And I love a deadline for getting things done! I recently wrote about the now underway season of Project QUILTING challenges. This month, Show Me Something That's a Challenge, that is, a quilt you've finished from a challenge prompt. This can be something from a past challenge or something new you finish this month. Please linkup up to 3 projects.
If you've participated in any kind of quilt challenge in the past, please linkup what you've made. If you're looking to try out a quilt challenge for the first time, here are a few options in January:
Project QUILTING 12.1: Illuminating + Ultimate Gray (January 10 deadline)
Project QUILTING 12.2: theme announced on January 24. (January 31 deadline)
Pantone 2021 Artisan Challenge (January 29 deadline)
Covid Mini Quilt Challenge (January 7 deadline)
Hoffman 2020 Challenge (April 1 deadline)
Or you can choose any past challenge as your prompt for a personal challenge this month! Want a random challenge? Comment below and request a challenge prompt and I'll give you your very own challenge prompt for the month. :-)
Here are some of the quilts (my daughter and) I have made for challenges in past years. (Click on images to read more about them.) I also recently shared specifically about quilts I've made for Project QUILTING challenges.
Possibly My First Challenge Quilt (circa. 2005)
Pantone Ultra Violet Quilt Challenge
Vintage Reimagined Challenge
My Daughter's Red, White and Blue Challenge
I look forward to seeing what you've created for quilt challenges in the past as well as any new challenges you finish this month!
Here are the linkup details:
- The monthly Show Me Something quilt linkup will start on the first of the month and continue until midnight (PST) on the last day of the month.
- You may linkup a maximum of 3 new or old finished projects that fit the theme.
- You may linkup a blog post or Instagram post.
- Participation in the linkup grants me permission to use an image of your project in a future blog post, with credit and a link back to your post.
- If you linkup from a blog post, please link back to this post in your post. If you post from Instagram, you can tag me @sarahgoerquilts.
- Visit others in the community who share their projects... and leave comments. :-)
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Andrée G Faubert
Hi Sarah, those are great challenge quilts. Thanks for hosting :-)
Thank you, Andrée!
Great new theme ;) If my link is not entering your theme, you can delete it.
I will try the challenges you gave ;)
Thank you for visiting and participating, Frédérique.
Can this be a challenge I give myself?
Absolutely! Two days left. Happy quilting, Laura!