How many quilting UnFinished Objects do you have? Do you know?
I used to post a quarterly list of all the projects here on my blog. I loved it. I could see everything in one place and that meant that I didn't have hidden projects out of sight, out of mind. Nothing surprised me when I opened a closet or cabinet that hadn't been opened in a while. It's been just over two years since my last Finish Along blog post. I'm not really sure how many projects I have now... and I've maybe forgotten about some of them.
I had been wanting to resurrect the list, posting it regularly on the blog again. Maybe quarterly, maybe just twice a year. And then Bobbie (of The Geeky Bobbin) reached out to invite me to join her UFOvember Blog Hop.
Huzzah! I've signed up to share a finished UFO with you on November 13 for the Blog Hop alongside 29 other quilters who will be sharing about their UFO inventory, and how they are resuming, reworking, and rehoming those UFOs this month!
So in the next few days I'll be working on updating my list which I'll share later this month. And I'll be back to share my finish on November 13.
Here's the amazing lineup of participants. Bookmark this page so you can get back here to visit each day's new blog post. The first four posts are already live. Enjoy!
- November 1 - The Geeky Bobbin - Welcome to UFOvember 2021! by host Bobbie
- November 2 - Strawberry Creek Quilts - How to Inventory Your Unfinished Objects + Free Worksheet Download
- November 3 - Katie Mae Quilts - A Quilter's Kanban Board
- November 4 - Pretty Piney Quilts - The UFO Prevention Toolkit
- November 5 - Mary Go Round Quilts - My UFOvember Inventory
- November 6 - Exhausted Octopus - UFO Parade
- November 7 - Just Get It Done Quilts - Tidying Up 2021
- November 8 - By Hilary Jordan - UFOvembner 2021 - Resuming a Forgotten Love - WIPs & UFOs
- November 9 - Sew Hooked on Treasures - Barbie Glamour Panel
- November 10 - Sunflower Stitcheries and Quilting - UFOvember
- November 11 - Blue Heron Quilting - Hello, Is it me You're Looking For?
- November 12 - Carrington Creates - UFOvember...or proCRAFTinator Awareness Month?
- November 13 - Sarah Goer Quilts - A Pile of Mini Mini Quilts
- November 14 - Better Done Quilts - Facing the UFO Quilts One Day at a Time
- November 15 - Ashli Montgomery | Virginia'dele Smith
- November 16 - Puppy Girl Designs
- November 17 - Lovingly, Lissa - UFOvember
- November 18 - Art East Quilting Co - #UFOvember - Rework Blocks & Stuff(ies)!
- November 19 - rjbosscher - UFOvember - Rework
- November 20 - Love to Color My World - UFOvember: Rework!
- November 21 - LynsAvenue - UFOvember - Rework...
- November 22 - Quiltfox Design - Last Minute Christmas Presents
- November 23 - Maeberry Square - Unfinished Object to Finished Quilt
- November 24 - Karen Bolan Designs - From UFO to Zippered Pouch
- November 25 - Tina1802 - UFOvember Rework Your Quilt Expectations
- November 26 - Lazy Cozy Quilts - How to Sell Your Unfinished (Quilt) Objects
- November 27 - True Blue Quilts - The Quilting Circle of Life
- November 28 - The Scrappy Camper - UFOvember and the Martian Supervisor
- November 29 - Sarah Ruiz Quilts - UFOvember: Rehoming
- November 30 - Lyric Art - new (OLD) work: christmas tree
Please share how many UFOs you have in the comments and feel free to make a guess at how many quilting UFOs I currently have. ;-) When I update my list I'm going to try to include the age of each project. So if you want to guess how old my oldest UFO is, feel free!
I just updated my list of UFOs the other night and the total is up to 20. Hoping to tackle a few of them before the end of the year. Hmmmm...I am going to guess 30 UFOs for you...40 if you count those that are in the planning stages. And your oldest is maybe from 2014?!? Looking forward to hearing the results...
Thanks for sharing, Mel! I know you've been kicking those UFOs into the finished column recently. Step one is to go through my list from Oct 2019 and delete all the ones I have finished. :-)
I love my WIP list and even if FAL officially stopped, I continue to write it. I started this quarter with 12. I finished one and am waiting for one to be gifted, so I can blog about it. And of course I started a new one too! PS: My oldest is from 2017.
Good luck with your finish till your blog hop post! And have fun updating your list. Looking forward to seeing it. Though I do not want to venture a guess ;)
Thanks for sharing, Melanie. It's so hard for me to not start new projects, even when I am focusing on trying to finish WIPs/UFOs.